Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sunrise Assisted Living Platform!

We had a fantastic platform last Tuesday, (the 29th), with some elderly folks from Sunrise Assisted Living Home! It was a very small platform; there were only a handful of speakers, and only a handful of people in the audience, but it was a HUGE blessing! The Lord really answered my prayers by keeping it all running (fairly) smoothly, and He really helped us connect with the senior citizens we spoke to. He even gave a couple of our students the opportunity to speak for some dementia and Alzheimer residents! At the the end of our presentations, each of the members of our audience received a small bouquet of red and/or white carnations. Altogether, it was a very enjoyable experience! A huge thanks to all the students who participated! Here are some pictures (I apologize for the quality):


At least for me, this was also a wonderful growing experience for being flexible and stretching comfort zones. The area we were given to present was in the middle of a hallway, with no extra room. From time to time people walked in front of the speaker in the middle of his/her speech. And there was a much smaller audience than any of us had expected. But everybody did a fantastic job rolling with the punches and dealing with the unexpected, and most of all, they all kept smiling! 
As we were driving home, my mom pointed out to me that I had prayed for minimal confusion, and that all the students would have a clear memory, and that despite my slips and slides in getting this started, everything would perfectly fall into place. And in a way, God supplied all of that. But it was not at all the way I'd imagined it. Things worked out very well, and we were blessed tremendously by the people we talked to, but  to get there, God said "I'm going to surprise you with a few things Talia; you need to trust Me at every step, and I'll get you through. Just trust Me." Looking back, I am blown away at how much God really was in control, and how He was guiding and caring for everyone involved the whole way through. He is totally in control. :) That was my golden nugget of truth that I learned this week.
Again, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all the students who showed up to this, and to all of the parents involved as well! You are a blessing!

~Talia

No comments:

Post a Comment