Thursday, April 4, 2013

Flood The Five - Student Instructor

When I applied to be a student instructor at the recent FTF I thought, “I don’t know that much about speech and debate; how am I supposed to tell others about it?”  I was pretty nervous and unsure. When it came time to start leading the first lab, I just started spewing out information that I had heard at one point or another. This fountain of knowledge continued to bubble for the remainder of the conference. When the dust settled a few days later, I checked my email and found a message from a student who was in Track Two. He thanked me for teaching and then said something I was not expecting.
I wasn't really interested in ICC until this weekend. I had gone to a Communicators for Christ Conference years ago, when I was still in BPS, and that's the extent of my ICC exposure”  
This was a shock to me, because I have heard stories of people who attended a small conference, such as a Flood The Five, as “the kid who hated ICC”, and then 12 hours later were the biggest fans of it. But to actually be a witness to such a transformation left me feeling a bit proud thinking, “Look what I did! I helped that kid like public speaking, look at me and all my speech knowledge! ohhh” But right then I realized that it didn't have anything to do with what I had done, or even that I knew so much about speech. I give all credit to God. For centuries God has been using people for his purpose; Paul of the New Testament, and King David in the old Testament, were both used in influential ways by God to accomplish his plan. I realized that instead of me just knowing a bunch of things that I can repeat, God has given me that knowledge so that I can use it to do his will.

Now I want to ask you something. What are some roles God has placed your life in that you can use to affect others for Christ?
And how will you do that?


- Levi

No comments:

Post a Comment